You can easily block or redirect a site settings that are using your firewall or router. But did you know you are able to block or redirect internet sites Active that is using Directory solutions (DNS) also? Just make use of these actions.
This guide assumes you’ve got Administrator legal rights in your Active Directory Environment, with use of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- Select “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then hit “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Select “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Include the snap that is“DNS, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” from the pane that is left. You need to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Choose “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS host, or select “The following computer” and go into the domain title or ip of this DNS host you intend to hook up to. Choose “OK” when you’re done.
- Now expand the host name under DNS and“Forward that is right-click Lookup” and select “New Zone“.
- The brand new Zone Wizard appears. Choose “Next”.
- Choose “Primary Zone“, then select “Next“.
- Choose “To all DNS servers operating on domain controllers in this domain“, then pick “Next“.
- For the “Zone name“, type the Address for the internet site you intend to block (for example. facebook.com, reddit.com, etc.), then select “Next“.